Upon completion of Academia’s Foundation Programme, you will:
Who is this programme for?
- Students fluent in at least one of the Slavic languages: Belarusian, Russian, Ukrainian, Czech, Slovak, Polish, Croatian, Serbian, Macedonian, Montenegrin or Bosnian
- Slavic students who wish to study at a Slovenian-speaking college or university.
- Slavic students who want to progress to a Slovenian college or university and have 12 years of education in their own country (usually, students will have completed High School).
- Be able to programme to Academia’s short-cycle higher education diploma programme in your chosen field of study
- Be able to progress to other Slovenian college or university undergraduate degree course in your chosen field of study
- Have achieved a B2 grade in Slovenian Language to gain entry to a Slovenian college or university
- Be a more independent learner and have the study skills to succeed at university
The programme starts in October and lasts until September – including public and college holidays.
The aim of 600 hours foundation programme for Slavic International students is to prepare them to study in a Slovenian-instructed study programme at a higher institution or university in Slovenia. The content of the programs contains extensive Slovenian language course as well as an introduction to Slovenian culture and history. Students also complete the following subjects (subject to Recognition of Prior Learning after admission to a college or university in Slovenia):
- Business Communication and Management
- Business Economics
All students are welcome to join social events organized by Academia (intercultural workshops, sports events etc).
After a completion of a programme, students may attend a The Intermediate Level Exam (B2) at Centre for Slovene as a second and foreign language.
Higher Education Destinations
Upon successful completion of the programme, students are eligible to apply for studies at Academia, College of Short-Cycle Higher Education in a programme of their choice. After successful admission in a study programme, Academia will recognize uncertified prior learning in up to three subjects – 16 ECTS (depending on a study programme)
Tuition fee for this programme is 2.400 EUR including VAT.
- Course materials
- Academia Language exam entrance
- Regular 1 to 1 tutorials
- Access to the learning centre and a wide range of resources
- Weekly lectures on a range of topics
- Free and impartial higher education advisory service
- Free portfolio preparation course for entry into Academia’s Media Production Programme
- Visits from university representatives and entrance to the higher education fairs
- Free Wifi
- A free weekly programme of social activities and trips